HIA-LI Health & Wellness Conference
The Hauppauge Industrial Association of Long Island (HIA-LI) will be hosting a Health & Wellness Conference on October 3, 2017. Compass Workforce Solutions’ founding Principal Christine Ippolito SPHR, SHRM-SCP, and HIA-LI Healthcare Committee Co-Chair, will be moderating the discussion on “Paid Family Leave Act and Other Healthcare Trends: The Growing Strain on NY Employers,” at the Executive Breakfast from 8AM to 10AM. Breakout Seminars that will be held at the conference include “Manage Employee Stress So It Doesn’t Manage You,” “Mental Health Workplace Checklist” and “Eldercare is the New Child Care” from 10AM to 12PM.
The conference will be held Tuesday, October 3rd from 8:00AM to 12:00PM at the IBEW Local 25 Union Hall located at 375 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Hauppauge NY, 11788. Please note a light breakfast will be served. There will be a $50 registration fee for HIA-LI members, and a $65 registration fee for non-members. The link to register is listed below:
Compel CEOs and Compass Workforce Solutions Present a Workshop on NY Paid Family Leave
On Thursday, June 8th, Christine Ippolito, Principal of Compass Workforce Solutions, and Russ Von Frank, Chair of COMPEL CEOs & Folks Insurance, will be hosting a workshop from 8:00AM to 10:00AM at the Viana Hotel & Spa in Westbury, NY.
Workshop attendees will leave with a customized policy to implement within their organization, an understanding of benefits provided, and the differences between Disability and Paid Family Leave benefits.
The event will be free for COMPEL Members and their invited guests. All other attendees must pay $50 by check at the door. You may be interested in attending if you work within an HR or Payroll and Benefits Department, or handle employee leaves of absence.
If you are interested in learning more about how your organization will be affected by the NY Paid Family Leave, follow the link below:
The Accountants Resource Group (ARG) will be offering a free seminar on Data Protection and Security Best Practices for 3 free CPE credits. Compass Workforce Solutions founding Principal Christine Ippolito SPHR, SHRM-SCP, will be presenting joined by Risk Management Consultant Marc Schein CIC, CLICS from Marsh and McLennan Agency, and Fenella Kim, CPP, President and CEO of Reliance Star Payment Services. The seminar will be held Thursday, May 25th from 8:00AM to 12:00PM at 1166 Six Avenue, Manhattan NY 10036 (Avenue of the Americas between West 46th and West 45th Street). Please note a light breakfast will be served.
The link to register is listed below:
Register here: http://preview.mailerlite.com/y1q6c0
Have questions regarding your company’s data and file security? Contact one of our HR Business Partners to address your company concerns.
By Compass Workforce Solutions and Ali Law Group
In partnership with Sima Ali, Esq. of Ali Law Group, Compass Workforce Solutions founding Principal Christine Ippolito SPHR, SHRM-SCP, will be presenting an employer-friendly event on the NYC Earned Sick Time Act put forth by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs.
This presentation will include a broad overview of the NYC Earned Sick Time Act covering legal requirements, sample notices and policies, and an open discussion regarding how to apply these practices in a compliant manner. Specifically, compliant time tracking, accrual, and documentation practices will be outlined in relation to how to prepare for and respond to an audit for violations. At the conclusion of the presentation, various factual scenarios will be reviewed and a thirty minute Q & A session will be held. The workshop will be held at The Cornell Club New York at 6 East 44th Street, New York NY 10017. Please see additional event details below:
9:00am – 9:30am Networking & Breakfast 9:30am – 11:00am Discussion 11:00am – 11:30am Q & A
*Please Note: Workshop limited to first 20 registered attendees
Have questions regarding your company sick time policies or the NYC Earned Sick Time Act requirements? Contact one of our HR Business Partners to address your company concerns.
We invite you to attend the upcoming CPA event hosted by The Crystal Consulting Group, Wednesday, October 26th from 9AM – 4PM.
Experienced professionals will provide you with the latest tools to grow your practice, enhance client relationships, and deliver greater value to your customers all year long.
Guest Speakers and Topics:
Charles Crystal, CFP
Crystal Consulting Group
“Big Opportunities for Small Business Owners”
Ronald Stair, Principal
Creative Plan Design
“Taxation Issues for CPA’s”
Christine Ippolito, Principal
Compass Workforce Solutions, LLC
“New York State Employment Law Legislative Update”
Joshua D. Brinen, Principal Attorney
Brinen & Associates, LLC
“Defeating the Devils in the Details”
John Genova, Principal
“Sales Focused Marketing”
Albert Hakim, Business Broker, Transaction Specialist
Kensington Company & Affiliates
“Preparing Your Business for Sale”
Attendees will enjoy a complimentary breakfast and lunch and earn 6 CE credits.
UBS Financial Services Inc.
One Jericho Plaza, Suite 205
Jericho, NY 11753
Please RSVP to Patricia Alcamo at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot!
- 10th Anniversary Celebration and FREE I-9 Employment Eligibility Update (10/10/2019)
- Are Your Compensation Strategies Moving Your Company Forward or Holding You Back? (11/2/2018)
- ARG NYC Meeting: Utilizing Assessment (1/22/2020)
- Be an Ally Who CARES (Curious, Active, Resilient, Empathetic, Supportive) (9/15/2021)
- Communication Styles Workshop (3/4/2020)
- Compass Workforce Solutions Supports Babylon Business in Partnership with the Babylon IDA (8/27/2020)
- Data Protection and Security Best Practices Seminar (5/15/2017)
- HIA-LI Health & Wellness Conference on October 5, 2016 (10/5/2016)
- How to Create an Inclusive Culture and Drive Business Growth in a VUCA World, (Volatile, Uncertain, Chaotic and Ambiguous). (5/11/2021)
- Interview Skills Training for Managers on May 22nd. (4/12/2019)
- June 19th: Women Leading the Way (6/12/2018)
- June 8th NY Paid Family Leave Workshop (5/31/2017)
- LIAFPN GALA – Networking & Charity Event (5/30/2019)
- Nov. 7th: Women Leading The Way Panel – Young Women in the Workforce (10/11/2018)
- NYC Earned Sick Time Workshop (2/25/2017)
- NYS Mandated Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Prevention Training (3/19/2019)
- October 10th Business Breakfast Series (9/29/2017)
- October 3rd HIA-LI Health & Wellness Conference (9/28/2017)
- Sometimes You Need to “Sweat” the Small Stuff (9/14/2019)
- UBS CPA Event on October 26, 2016 (10/26/2016)
- Women Leading the Way Event (9/14/2018)