Effective 10/09/18: NYS Mandated Sexual Harassment Training
NYS Mandated Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy & Training
Every employer must adopt and provide a sexual harassment prevention policy by:
October 9, 2018
Every employer in New York State is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training that meets or exceeds the following minimum standards. Every employee must be provided with training on an annual basis, starting October 9, 2018. The first round of annual training for all current employees must be completed by January 1, 2019. Employees hired on or after January 1, 2019 must receive this training within 30 days of hire.
October 1, 2018 – Final guidelines issued by the New York State Department of labor extended the first round of annual training deadline to October 9, 2019 and amended the new hire training requirement from within 30 days of hire to as soon as possible.
Compass offers training in English & Spanish!
The training must:
- be interactive (e.g., require some form of employee participation and/or an opportunity for employees to ask questions)
- include a definition and explanation of sexual harassment
- include examples of conduct that constitutes unlawful sexual harassment
- include information regarding the federal and state laws that address sexual harassment and the remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
- include information regarding all available forums for adjudicating complaints
- include information addressing conduct by supervisors, as well as the additional responsibilities of supervisors with regard to preventing sexual harassment and responding to harassment complaints
Employees hired on or after January 1, 2019 must receive this training within 30 days of hire.
Please contact us to develop your Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy & to learn about our flexible training options in English & Spanish.
Our friendly staff is happy to answer any questions you may have!
Contact Compass Workforce Solutions at 631-794-7400