Every employer in New York State is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training that meets or exceeds the following minimum standards.
The training must:
- be interactive (e.g., require some form of employee participation and/or an opportunity for employees to ask questions)
- include a definition and explanation of sexual harassment
- include examples of conduct that constitutes unlawful sexual harassment
- include information regarding the federal and state laws that address sexual harassment and the remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
- include information regarding all available forums for adjudicating complaints
- include information addressing conduct by supervisors, as well as the additional responsibilities of supervisors with regard to preventing sexual harassment and responding to harassment complaints
Every employee must receive training on an annual basis, starting October 9, 2018. The first round of annual training for all current employees must be completed by January 1, 2019. Employees hired on or after January 1, 2019 must receive this training within 30 days of hire.
Compass Workforce Solutions provides Sexual Harassment Training at their Hauppauge office, call 631-794-7401 for more information.
Leveraging diversity and gender for business organizational success
Presented by the Accounting Resource Group
November 7 – 2:00 – 6:00PM
at the Four Points Sheraton in Plainview
About the Accountants Resource Group (ARG):
The ARG is an exclusive community of professionals who support CPA’s and Accountants. They focus on providing their members the tools, resources and best practices needed to create lifelong strategic partnerships while fostering relationships for business development and relationship marketing strategies in the accounting arena.
The 21st Annual Conference of the Women’s Presidents Organization was in Los, Angeles, CA May 2 – 4 2018. This is a gathering of over 1,000 women presidents from women owned businesses in the US, Canada, UK, Peru, Mexico, Turkey, Australia, Malaysia, Sweden, South Africa and New Zealand. The theme of this year’s conference was “Disruption and the Future of Business”.
Forbes Books Radio interviewed Compass Workforce Solutions Founder Christine Ippolito to learn how Compass works with their clients and the business problems they solve.
The WPO is a non-profit membership organization for women presidents, CEOs, and managing directors of privately held, multimillion-dollar companies. VISIT WPO’s WEBSITE
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Study Shows Few Employees Take Formal Action in Workplace Harassment Cases (10/3/2018)
- New York State Mandated Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (9/24/2018)
- Women Leading the Way Event (9/14/2018)
- Women Presidents’ Organization 2018 Conference Interview (7/9/2018)
- Compass’ Principal Christine Ippolito Interviewed by Forbes Books Radio (5/14/2018)
- Compass’ Principal Christine Ippolito Featured in Newsday (9/5/2017)
- Compass and CPA Michael Kessler on the Radio! (9/1/2017)
- Compass in Newsday! We’re in the news again! (4/6/2017)
- West Islip Resident Receives Long Island Power Women in Business Award (12/21/2016)
- Elizabeth Weglarz Receives 2016 Millennial of the Year Award (10/27/2016)
- New Rule: Checking Email From Home Could Trigger OT (9/11/2016)
- Change Looms (11/6/2015)
- Interview with Michael Kessler, CPA (5/18/2015)